Since 2012, Søren Sou has been CEO of Maersk Line, encompassing Safmarine, MCC and Seago Line, and has been a member of the executive board since 2007.
Søren Skou joined Maersk in 1983. Over the next decade and a half, he held various positions in Maersk Line, with roles in Copenhagen, New York and Beijing. In 1998 he joined Maersk Tankers, where he was CEO from 2001 to 2011.
- International Council of Contanerships Operators (ICCO)
- MBA (honours), IMD, Switzerland
- Business Administration, Copenhagen Business School
- Maersk International Shipping Education (M.I.S.E.)
Claus V. Hemmingsen joined A.P. Moller - Maersk in 1981 as a shipping trainee and after having completed his shipping education, he joined Maersk Drilling's Human Resource Department.
After being stationed in Hong Kong for Maersk Line (1992-1997) and in Singapore (1997-2000), Claus V. Hemmingsen returned to Hong Kong in 2000 where he as Managing Director had the overall responsibility for Maersk's activities in the Hong Kong SAR.
In 2003, Claus V. Hemmingsen returned to the head office in Copenhagen as Senior Vice President responsible for the container activities' Global Service Delivery, including Global Shared Service Centres. He simultaneously held responsibility for APM Terminals until June 2004, before taking over responsibility for Maersk Drilling and Maersk Supply Service in 2005, for SVITZER A/S in 2008 and for Maersk Tankers in 2012. Claus V. Hemmingsen was CEO for Maersk Drilling until October 2016.
- Claus V. Hemmingsen has supplemented his education with management courses at London Business School and Cornell University and finalized an Executive MBA (honours) at IMD in November 2007.
Vincent Clerc has held various roles in North America and Copenhagen and has been a member of Maersk Line's Management Board since 1st Quarter 2012.
In December 2015, Vincent Clerc was appointed Chief Commercial Officer in Maersk Line and holds the responsibility of creating vaue for our customers through development of new seamless services and products using digital innovation.
- Bachelor in Political Science from Lausanne, Switzerland (1995)
- MBA from Colombia Busness School and London Business School (2009)
In 2007, Morten H. Engelstoft was appointed Chief Operating Officer for Maersk Line, a role he held until 2014, where he was appointed CEO of APM Shipping Services, which included roles as CEO of Maersk Tankers and chairman of Damco, Svitzer and Maersk Supply Services.
He became CEO of APM Terminals in 2016 where he is heading the strategy towards increased operational excellence and improved customer service.
- Executive MBA IMD, Lausanne, Switzerland, 2005
- A.P. Moller's Shipping Education
Søren Toft has held various commercial and operational roles both in Copenhagen, Germany and Indonesia before he was appointed Head of Network Planning in Maersk Line. A position he held until 2014, where he was appointed Chief Operating Officer (COO) in Maersk Line and holds the responsibility of global operatons for the liner businesses with the goal of providing the most reliable and efficient service for customers.
Søren Toft has also overseen the aquisition and integration of Hamburg Süd. The deal closed in Q4 2017, and he is now Board Member of the Advisory Board in Hamburg Süd.
- Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA) from IMD in Lausanne, Switzerland (2008-2009)
- A.P. Moller's Shipping Educaton