- « Previous Releases | Next Releases »
A.P. Møller - Mærsk A/S - Development of the Annual General Meeting on 12 April 2012
The Annual General Meeting of A.P. Møller - Mærsk A/S took place on 12 April 2012 at Bella Center, Copenhagen, in accordance with the notice convening the Annual General Meeting dated 8 March 2011.
The Board of Directors had appointed Mr. Søren Meisling, attorney-at-law, as Chairman of the meeting.
a) Report on the Company's activities during the past financial year.
The Chairman of the Board of Directors gave a presentation ofthe Company's activities in the previous year.
b) Submission of the audited annual report for adoption.
The audited report was submitted and approved.
c) Resolution to grant discharge to directors.
The General Meeting discharged the Directors from their obligations.
d) Resolution on appropriation of profit, including the amount of dividends, or covering of loss in accordance with the adopted annual report.
The Board's proposal for distribution of the net result of DKK 10,477 million with DKK 4,396 million dividends to the shareholders, equivalent to DKK 1,000 per share, and DKK 6,081 million as retained earnings was approved.
e) Any requisite election of members for the Board of Directors.
Nominee Directors Ane Mærsk Mc-Kinney Uggla, Sir John Bond, Arne Karlsson, Jan Leschly, Lars Pallesen, John Axel Poulsen, Erik Rasmussen and Robert Routsstood down.
Ane MærskMc-Kinney Uggla, Sir John Bond, Arne Karlsson, Jan Leschly, Lars Pallesen, John Axel Poulsen, Erik Rasmussen and Robert Routs were re-elected.
f) Election of auditors.
KPMG Statsautoriseret Revisionspartnerskab and PricewaterhouseCoopers StatsautoriseretRevisionspartnerselskab were elected as auditors of the Company.
g) Deliberation of any proposals submitted by the Board of Directors or by shareholders.
- The Board's proposal of an amendment to the Company's general guidelines concerning incentive pay of the Board of Directors and the Management Board of A.P. Møller - Mærsk A/S was adopted.
- TheBoard's proposal of adoption of a remuneration policy for the Board of Directors and the Management Board of A.P. Møller - Mærsk A/S was adopted.
- Ashareholders' proposal of a new article 4.3 to the Company's Articles of Association regarding support to political parties or private individuals' election campaigns in Denmark was not adopted.
- A shareholders' proposal regarding the Company adopting a more environmentally friendly profile by installing two small windmills on the bow of one of the Company's vessels was not adopted.
Contact person: Executive Vice President Lars-Erik Brenøe,tel. no. +45 33 63 36 07.